Thursday, June 22, 2006

what was i doing all these days?

it's almost 20 days after i have returned from home. what was i doing all these days? well.. i must confess that i have become very lazy these days... almost i did nothing progressive about my project. since my guide is away for around two weeks, i have safely neglected my duties and was relaxing myself... planning to do this and that everyday and failing to execute them has become my daily routine... of course, this is the case with many i suppose ;-)

but, in this drowsy and lethargic period, i have succeeded in completing one of the books on vocabulary building... it's always a good feeling when i finish doing something...

one more good and colourful thing i have done is that i have actively participated in the cultural night conducted in our department... imititated one of my professor as a part of the skit we performed on that day... sang a song too... "huzoor is kadar bhee na itaraake chaliye"... what a romantic song it is!!
my senior batch students have completed their degree and going out soon... our life at iisc would have been tougher if they didnt support us... so sad that they are not going to stay here anymore to guide us...

all of a sudden, my guide appeared in the department yesterday and was asking about my progress in project... i was dumb... of course, got some relaxations from him too... now, it's time for me to work seriously... one paradoxial thing is that i am still not clear about what i am going to do with my research work and whether it will be useful to somebody after sometime etc.. still, it is quite interesting to involve in some area of scientific research and scratching head to find solution for the problem defined...

"nucleation of silver nanoparticles in reverse micelles".. this is the title of my project... sounding quite fancy... and proving to be equally complex... i must wait for one more year to see how far i would achieve in this field!!!

No comments: